At Patterson Dog & Cat Hospital, our veterinary staff does more than respond to the immediate health needs of your dog or cat. Our goal is to help prevent diseases and health issues before they become serious problems for your pet. As such, prevention is a major focus of our practice and our staff is skilled at looking for even the subtlest early warning signs of disease during your pet’s routine examinations.
Just as in humans, good lifestyle choices for your cat or dog are key to lifelong wellness. Since our pets can’t make choices for themselves, each visit includes our expert advice for pet parents. We’ll discuss how you can help keep your pet as healthy and happy as possible through the right vaccinations, preventative medical and dental care, proper exercise and nutrition, and smart choices about issues such as spaying and neutering your pet, microchip services, and behavior training.
Pet Wellness Plans
We will customize a pet wellness plan for your animal that will include:
- Regular physical examinations
- A vaccination plan
- Flea and tick prevention
- Heartworm and tick-borne disease screening
- Parasite prevention and detection
- Regular dental care
- Recommendations and care for senior and geriatric pets
- Weight management and nutritional counseling
- Spaying and neutering advice
- Behavioral advice, including recommendations on training and socialization
- Microchip advice and recommendations
For additional information on wellness issues, please visit any of the following websites: